Beyond the Long Night is an uplifting roguelike adventure where you outrun a mysterious corruption through the power of balloon flight.
Explore The Dark Mountain – a subterranean world full of monsters, secrets and lovable characters. Puzzle, upgrade and battle your way through three major biomes to outrun a deadly storm and escape to the Overworld beyond. Uncover a trail of mysteries in this ancient kingdom of demigods and explorers, captured within an endless time loop.
What treasures await in The Overworld? Is there a way to stop the storm from spreading? Can you escape the endless time loop? All may be revealed beyond the long night.
- A charming single player adventure set in a world caught in a cycle of death and reincarnation.
- Characters met along the way remember and form relationships with you across multiple runs.
- Shoot, dodge, throw items and use Superpowers to fight your way through The Dark Mountain.
- Outrun a deadly storm that spreads from chamber to chamber, chasing you up the mountain.
- Motivational cows!
- Puzzles scattered across the map, with some taking multiple runs to complete.
- Upgrade a unique build for your character every run.
- All upgrades are infinitely stackable and combine with each other to create chaotic combinations.
- The bunting has physics!
- Accessible yet challenging gameplay!
- Randomly generated maps built from individually handcrafted rooms.
- Lovingly crafted retro inspired visuals and music.
- Your very own portable one-man-band.
Studio / Developer
Noisy Head Games
17 April 2023
igd quick review / rating & awards
Not yet reviewed or rated.
We caught up with Noisy Head Games, the developers behind Beyond the Long Night. Tell us about your solo dev journey Noisy Head Games started as ...