Starship Simulator is a space exploration sandbox, where you serve as a crew member aboard mankind’s first experimental deep space exploration vessel. Your ship is tasked with the mission of exploring the galaxy beyond Sol to seek out habitable worlds, with standing orders to conduct science and make successful first contact with any alien species you encounter on your journey. You will soon discover however that the galaxy is a vast and mysterious place, with unexpected dangers lurking in the dark.
Dan Govier founded Fleetyard Studios with his wife Claire in 2020, with the sole purpose of turning his childhood dream of living and working aboard a deep space exploration vessel into reality. Dan leverages his passions in science, engineering, architecture and astrophysics to ensure that every aspect of the game is as accurate as possible.
Dan is currently the sole developer of Starship Simulator, having previously been co-project lead on The Orville Interactive Fan Experience, but he is supported by his wife Claire, who manages the game’s growing community and social media presence. The game’s music is composed by Orchestorm Studios, and the audioscape is being developed by Jose Luis Gonzalez Castro, who previously worked on Elite Dangerous and many other successful titles. Testing and quality assurance are carried out by Mika Pieck and Scott Lowrie, who joined from their previous projects, and their growing army of backers who stress test every development build they release.
- Explore billions of star systems across a scientifically accurate 1:1 scale Milky Way galaxy, in real time, with no transitions or loading screens.
- Encounter countless alien civilisations, with unique personality traits that must be carefully navigated to achieve successful first contact.
- Retrieve unique procedurally generated physical objects from alien worlds, for science scans or to simply decorate your ship.
- Explore detailed and highly interactive ship interiors on foot, with the Magellan Class having over 200 rooms across 7 decks.
- Starships designed and built from the ground up as though they were real vessels, with every hull panel and cable run designed in CAD software.
- Fully simulated ship systems, with multiple kilometres of functioning cables, pipes and machinery to maintain and repair.
- Extensive ship and character customisation out of the box. Make your home among the stars uniquely your own.
- 8 unique crew roles to choose from; Captain, Engineer, Pilot, Science Officer, Tactical Officer, Doctor, Morale Officer, and Passenger.
Windows PC & VR
Single and Multiplayer
Adventure, Casual, RPG, Simulation
Studio / Developer
Fleetyard Studios Ltd
Fleetyard Studios Ltd
To be announced
igd quick review / rating & awards
Not yet reviewed or rated.
How and when did your studio come about?Fleetyard Studios was established in 2020 by Dan Govier and his wife, Claire. Dan has been a passionate g...